For COVID-19 Information, please refer to:
BC Government, HealthLinkBC: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-feature/coronavirus-disease-covid-19
City of Vancouver: https://vancouver.ca/home-property-development/covid-19-coronavirus-within-vancouver.aspx#redirect
Eastside Family Place posts resources, information and keep you updated on any virtual activities we are planning on the ESFP Facebook page. (Please ‘Like’ our page). Feedback welcome!
Dr. Deborah MacNamara. Well worth watching–> her very recent you tube video ‘Power of Play to Take Care of Us‘ where she discusses our emotions in response to the pandemic, such as intense frustration, sense of time slowing down, feeling numb, or waves of alarm/panic, restless, no appetite, inability to find our tears (which serve to drain these activated emotions)… and what we can do to find our way through. (not hording toilet paper!!)
Hand in Hand Parenting are currently offering support around the pandemic and challenges you might be facing as families with young children. Free videos and live stream on many topics, offer in many languages.
Elevating Childcare offers weekly podcast, newsletter and online resources. She works from a respectful parenting lens and provides some great advice.
Susan Stiffelman Parenting Educator and author is leading a weekly online chat ‘Better Together’ every Monday morning (link to register is here)
Free printables with loads of ideas on setting up routines.
Dr. Vanessa Lapointe, Canadian (and local!) parenting consultant and author of Discipline without Damage. Great resources on her FB page
Elevating Childcare podcasts, newsletter. Landsbury works from a respectful parenting lens and provides some great advice.
Susan Stiffelman Parenting Without Power Struggles. … live events related to parenting in this unprecedented time.
The Neufeld Institute – multiple new resources for parents, teachers and helping professionals that relate to the pandemic situation and its effects on children, from an attachment-based, developmental approach.
Kids Health Many articles how to talk to your kids about COVID-19, anxiety, home care and precautions, keeping kids busy….etc
- Free Counseling Service. If you are struggling and would like to speak with a Registered Clinical Counselor, please email us for a confidential referral
- From Canada.ca. Access support workers, social workers, psychologists & other professionals for confidential chat sessions or phone calls by texting “WELLNESS” to 741741. If you are a frontline worker, text “FRONTLINE” to same number. The Wellness Together Canada mental wellness portal- wide range of free resources
- Pacific Post Partum Support Society, 10am-3pm, telephone and text support for new or expecting parents (moms and dads). 604-255-7999
FINANCIAL AND LEGAL INFO:
- Adrienne Smith Law, explains government COVID benefits, list of significant relief from companies when you can’t pay your bills
- Family Services of Greater Vancouver help with financial benefits, emergency budget planning CALL: 604-368-2469 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helping Women Now, from Dress for Success. Helps women affected by job reduction/loss
- Provincial hotline dedicated to answering NON-MEDICAL questions, CALL 1-888-COVID19 or 1-888-268-4319
- Corona Virus: Your Legal Questions Answered, People’s Law School
- Choices Market loads of free online nutrition seminars coming up + recipes
- Trout Lake Farmers Market is open! Check here for updated shopping protocols
- Map Showing where to get free/low-cost food in Vancouver
- Hannah Brook Farm offers home delivery from their fields in Burnaby to your door. Local Grandview-Woodland folks own the farm
- Support BC Food Producers! order from BCLocalRoot for Delivery or Pick up
- East Van Cares, by Grandview Woodland Food Connection out of Britannia. Free food boxes to seniors and families with young children.