Please click on the link below to see Eastside Family Place’s monthly calendar. Thank you.
Please find bellow the links for the ESFP’s latest news:
Newsletter May 1, 2022 Happy Mother’s Day from East Side Family Place (mailchi.mp)
Newsletter April 1, 2022 – Happy April to all our families and friends (mailchi.mp)
Newsletter March 1, 2022– Spring is here! https://us10.admin.mailchimp.com/campaigns/show?id=11422397
Newsletter February 16, 2022 – Happy Family Day! https://mailchi.mp/b8db91cce4d8/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-11411685
Newsletter February 3, 2022 – Happy New Lunar Year! https://mailchi.mp/c771e6ef23a1/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-11397337
Newsletter January 5, 2022 – Happy New Year 2022! –https://mailchi.mp/646b7c892fc4/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-10712273?e=a4b7129ada
Newsletter December 2021 – December, 2021: Final newsletter of 2021! https://us10.campaign-archive.com/?e=4ae886ac4d&u=42a4d9d70e0e68164ac23f8ce&id=1d06c7fdd4
Newsletter November 16, 2021 – We always have something new to tell you about! Read on….https://us10.campaign-archive.com/?e=a4b7129ada&u=42a4d9d70e0e68164ac23f8ce&id=c531c2f505
Newsletter October 28, 2021 – We are proud to present you with our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion statement. We hope you will take a look. Also in this issue: loads of programs, both in-person and online to choose from. https://mailchi.mp/21f4b9d83461/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-10059561?e=a4b7129ada
Newsletter October 18, 2021 – We are proud to present you with our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion statement. https://mailchi.mp/0f230ffc2c16/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-10047365?e=[UNIQID]
Newsletter September 27, 2021. Indoor Playtime starts next week. https://mailchi.mp/1bf466947ee9/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-9356181
Newsletter September 8, 2021 – We’re super excited about our free concert this week. Read on for more details of Sept activities! https://mailchi.mp/9a657f2ba3a8/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-9284365?e=[UNIQID]
Newsletter July 28, 2021 – New workshop announced on gaining insight into your child’s development, Summertime Fun keeps rolling on, and our special anti-racist kids workshop is filling up fast! https://mailchi.mp/525dd3a67fe5/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-8512609?e=a4b7129ada
Newsletter July 14, 2021 – Our 3 summer students have planned loads of special programs, activities and events! + Anti-racism workshop for parents…. Check it out!https://mailchi.mp/f63db4ce2bcb/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-8144377?e=[UNIQID]
Newsletter June 17, 2021 -Reminder that our AGM is next week!https://mailchi.mp/13f79a1bf905/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-8108001?e=a4b7129ada
Newsletter June 2, 2021 – In June we honour Indigenous History Month. https://mailchi.mp/4747ac648b23/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-8092161?e=[UNIQID]
Newsletter May 19, 2021 – We celebrate Childcare Month each Mayhttps://mailchi.mp/8a46dbdcd3ae/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-8073021?e=[UNIQID]
Newsletter May 5, 2021– Happy Mother’s Day! We have some perennially popular parenting programs starting this month: Circle of Security, Family Rhythm, Rhyme + Movement, as well as another Cook-Along with Andrea Potter! https://mailchi.mp/60b1e89bf7f9/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-7970877?e=4ae886ac4d
Newsletter April 21, 2021 – Happy Earth Day! In this issue you’ll find new programs and workshops, and some resources on focusing on the environment with your family.https://mailchi.mp/3dbcc9320231/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-7818425?e=[UNIQID]
Newsletter April 7, 2021 – Welcome April! https://mailchi.mp/4093f97a507c/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-7585381
Newsletter March 24, 2021 – Nature-based activities webinar, Counselling restarting and, more backyard playtime added!https://mailchi.mp/f988432fb086/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-7542365?e=a4b7129ada
Newsletter March 3, 2021 – Updates, spring break closure reminder. New workshop on Nature-based learning! http://Updates, spring break closure reminder. New workshop on Nature-based learning!
Newsletter February 17, 2021 – New website helps parents discover new playgrounds. Sign up for: Kids in the Kitchen, plus Meal Kits & Craft Kits. Another installment of our new Anti-racist Book Corner. https://mailchi.mp/2129a37ee94d/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-7352949?e=a4b7129ada
Newsletter February 3, 2021 – Anti-racism children’s book review in honour of Black History Month. A free cooking class, plus more Meal & Craft Kits.https://us10.campaign-archive.com/?u=42a4d9d70e0e68164ac23f8ce&id=2117b19992
Newsletter January 20, 2021 –Our new meal kit program got off to a great start! And a new crop of programs are beginning.https://mailchi.mp/8c625889b3eb/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-7274373?e=a4b7129ada
Newsletter January 6, 2021 – Our first newsletter of the year! See our lineup of new and returning programs!https://us10.campaign-archive.com/e=a4b7129ada&u=42a4d9d70e0e68164ac23f8ce&id=7e43fb81c9
Newsletter December 17, 2020 – Our final bi-monthly newsletter of the year! See our New Year lineup of programs! https://mailchi.mp/e896fa72caed/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-7128769?e=a4b7129ada
Newsletter December 2, 2020– Your bi-monthly update from ESFP. Yes! We are open with our regularly scheduled programs and activities!https://mailchi.mp/84de3b843ce3/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-7107661?e=4ae886ac4d
Newsletter November 18, 2020 – Your bi-monthly update from ESFP. This week: recipes and cook-along videos for you! https://mailchi.mp/6b8e5a2951b9/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-7090357?e=[UNIQID]
Newsletter November 4, 2020 – Your bi-monthly update from ESFP, announcing a webinar with Dr. Deborah MacNamara! https://us10.campaign-archive.com/?e=[UNIQID]&u=42a4d9d70e0e68164ac23f8ce&id=cb4f1f039e
Newsletter October 21, 2020 – ESFP e-news: Ongoing programs continue, new ones are added, check it out!https://mailchi.mp/04205dc231e0/eastsidefamilyplace-newsletter-5042869?e=[UNIQID]
Newsletter October 7, 2020 – ESFP e-news: We are celebrating Family Place Week & launching our new webinar series on Wed Oct 7, Parenting in Challenging Times: Taking the Lead.https://us10.campaign-archive.com/?e=[UNIQID]&u=42a4d9d70e0e68164ac23f8ce&id=c778a51243
Newsletter September 30, 2020 – ESFP e-news: Our AGM is Thursday 7-8PM! Hope to see you there! Plus, program updates inside.https://us10.campaign-archive.com/?e=a4b7129ada&u=42a4d9d70e0e68164ac23f8ce&id=de75f33dfa
Newsletter September 23, 2020 – ESFP e-news: New Webinar Parenting in Challenging Times, rainy day art class, plus annual General Meeting Oct 1, details. https://us10.campaign-archive.com/?u=42a4d9d70e0e68164ac23f8ce&id=879873754a
Newsletter September 16, 2020 – ESFP e-news: You’re Invited! Our AGM is Oct 1st.
Newsletter September 9, 2020 – Counselling with Krystle is underway, outdoor programs continue and more workshops and programs are in the works. https://mailchi.mp/d98e1f2765a3/eastsidefamilyplace-spring-newsletter-5009009?e=4ae886ac4d
Newsletter September 2, 2020 – ESFP e-news: Free Counselling Now Available. https://us10.campaign-archive.cou=42a4d9d70e0e68164ac23f8ce&id=dddda565e5
Newsletter August 19, 2020 – ESFP e-news: botanist, aquarium outreach team to visit. https://mailchi.mp/f98b2cc834fd/eastsidefamilyplace-spring-newsletter-4985913
Newsletter August 12, 2020 – ESFP e-news: field trip to a Chinese Garden this week! & more come! https://mailchi.mp/c66d14be39d3/eastsidefamilyplace-spring-newsletter-4977121
Newsletter August 5, 2020 – This is a milestone issue – #20 of our special weekly newsletters. Lots of fun events to sign up for this month!https://mailchi.mp/f91733048f9c/eastsidefamilyplace-spring-newsletter-4968565?e=4ae886ac4d
Newsletter July 29, 2020 – ESFP e-news: kids class on honeybees next week! https://mailchi.mp/64bb988b1f0e/eastsidefamilyplace-spring-newsletter-4956201?e=4ae886ac4d
Newsletter July 22, 2020- We are welcoming families to our backyard this week! https://mailchi.mp/53b04f8c7175/eastsidefamilyplace-spring-newsletter-4947065?e=4ae886ac4d
Newsletter July 15, 2020 – ESFP e-news: Opening our backyard for play time.https://mailchi.mp/16c756df38d0/eastsidefamilyplace-spring-newsletter-4932093?e=4ae886ac4d
Newsletter July 9, 2020 – ESFP e-news: Summer Fun outdoor program off to a great start!https://mailchi.mp/5157edb03f9d/eastsidefamilyplace-spring-newsletter-4921265?e=a4b7129ada
Newsletter June 30, 2020 –ESFP e-news: our summer outdoor programs are starting on Monday, July 6! And Happy Canada Day, eh! https://mailchi.mp/4a09374f9f8f/eastsidefamilyplace-spring-newsletter-4900105?e=4ae886ac4d
Newsletter June 25, 2020 – ESFP e-news: anti-racist kids ➕ summer programs, July 6 https://us10.admin.mailchimp.com/campaigns/show?id=4881465
Newsletter June18, 2020 – ESFP e-news: Fathers Day., Indigenous People’s Day and summer solstice all in one week. https://us10.campaign-archive.com/?u=42a4d9d70e0e68164ac23f8ce&id=0ceb6916c8
Newsletter June 11,2020 – ESFP News – Let’s do a scavenger hunt!
Newsletter June 4, 2020 – ESFP News – Community edition https://mailchi.mp/d3b5d1b762d8/eastsidefamilyplace-spring-newsletter-4857721?e=a4b7129ada
Newsletter May 28, 2020 – Welcome to volume 10 of our now weekly newsletter!https://mailchi.mp/37a2690b612a/eastsidefamilyplace-spring-newsletter-4850433?e=4ae886ac4d
Newsletter May 21, 2020 – ESFP e-news: self care is so important-especially now. https://mailchi.mp/4587bdfa5fe0/eastsidefamilyplace-spring-newsletter-4847361?e=a4b7129ada
Newsletter May 14, 2020 – Outdoor play, gardening, forest “school” https://mailchi.mp/15547fc005ba/eastsidefamilyplace-spring-newsletter-4844697?e=a4b7129adaa
Newsletter May 7, 2020 – ESFP e-news: Play is the work of children! Tips, + crafts, workshops, resources.
Newsletter April 30, 2020 – … fun cooking with kids, + Nona’s birthday cake recipe.
Newsletter April 23, 2020 – Mental health tips, hopscotch come back and lots more…
Newsletter April 16, 2020 – Zoom us! + Mamata’s yummy curry recipe to try.
Newsletter April 9, 2020 – Here is this week’s ESFP Newsletter.
Newsletter April 3, 2020 – Your weekly ESFP newsletter is here!
March 25, 2020 – An important update from Family Place!
For COVID-19 Information, please refer to:
BC Government, HealthLinkBC: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-feature/coronavirus-disease-covid-19
City of Vancouver: https://vancouver.ca/home-property-development/covid-19-coronavirus-within-vancouver.aspx#redirect
Eastside Family Place posts resources, information and keep you updated on any virtual activities we are planning on the ESFP Facebook page. (Please ‘Like’ our page). Feedback welcome!
- I Dream Library, books for young children that celebrate diversity
- #canadatogether An online portal of fun activities
- Busy toddler activities, Hands on as we Grow, & Stay N’ Play Lots of fun activities 10 Gardening Projects with Kids
- Five Minute Art Activities, Guided Visualization and Mommy’s 15 Minutes
- Melissa Rodrigues Baby and Me Yoga, Kids Yoga
- Free Counseling Service. If you are struggling and would like to speak with a Registered Clinical Counselor, please email us for a confidential referral
- From Canada.ca – access support workers, social workers, and psychologists for confidential chat sessions or phone calls by texting “WELLNESS” to 741741. If you are a frontline worker, text “FRONTLINE” to same number. The Wellness Together Canada mental wellness portal- wide range of free resources
- My Workplace Health
- Bounce Back Program
- 24 Hour Crisis Line 1-800-784-2433
- Here to Help Program
- Pacific Post Partum Support Society, 10am-3pm, phone / text support for new or expecting parents. 604-255-7999
- Family Continuum, by Bonnie Davis Parenting support, classes, private consultations, counseling and more.
- Information Children parent helpline can help with ages 0-12 years. CALL 778-782-3548 for a confidential call-back, or go online.
- Dr. Vanessa Lapointe – parenting author, online classes, blog
- The Neufeld Institute – an attachment-based, developmental approach to parenting
- Hand in Hand Parenting Special Playtime experts/videos/live
- Elevating Childcare RIE based, respectful parenting podcast/newsletter
- Susan Stiffelman Parenting Without Power Struggles
JUST FOR DADS:
- Dad Central, Canadian Dads’ portal for info & resources
- The Men’s Initiative, out of UBC, men’s well-being
- Canadian Men’s Health Foundation, supporting men to lead healthier lives
- 24 Hour Cribside Assistance is an amusing manual/video for new Dads
- Father-involvement – Encyclopedia on Early Child Development
- Fatherhood is Forever resource for Indigenous Dads
- Anti-racist book list curated for ESFP from Vancouver Public Library
- BC Teachers Federation anti-racism resources
- Teaching & Learning about Race and Racism
- Healthline Anti-racism Resources for Parents and Kids
- Parents Canada, how to teach racial acceptance
- 18 children’s books about race and racism
- “Raising Anti-racist Kids”, an e-book for parents of white children, explores current research and intentional conversations, becoming comfortable talking to your kids about race, taking action as a family against racism
- PBS: How to Talk to your Kids about Anti-racism
- TED Talk on implicit bias & how it affects us all, Melanie Funches
FINANCIAL AND LEGAL INFO:
- The Vancouver Rent Bank supports individuals and families who need access to a temporary loan to maintain their housing stability/avoid homelessness
- Helping Women Now, from Dress for Success. Helps women affected by job reduction/loss
- Corona Virus: Your Legal Questions Answered, People’s Law School
- Map Showing free/low-cost food in Vancouver
- Better Together BC, recipes, inspiration for eating more family meals together