“My son has been literally jumping out of his stroller with excitement when we roll up to the centre. We are so glad that such a wonderful place exists. I don’t know what we’d do without it,” Drop-in parent participant.
Often dubbed a “home away from home” by parents, Eastside Family Place (ESFP) offers a safe, secure and inclusive drop-in centre for families with young children, from ages newborn to early six years.
Children love the Drop-In Centre
Your child will enjoy the Drop-In which features play-based learning and preschool activities:
- age-appropriate toys and play stations
- structured activities and free-play time
- costumes, props and toys for dramatic play
- arts & crafts activities
- books, puzzles and early learning supports
- healthy snack time
- circle time, with songs & rhymes
Please come join us! You will enjoy the opportunity to connect with other parents and caregivers, to make new friends, to build community connections and to access valuable resources. The Drop-In program is open to all families and caregivers with young children, from newborn to early age six. You are welcome to visit and learn more.
Drop-In Hours Families are welcome on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings from 9 am to 12 pm and Tuesday/Thursday afternoons from 1 pm to 2:30 pm.
Caregivers are welcome on Tuesday/Thursday mornings from 9 am to 12 pm and Tuesday/Thursday afternoons from 1 pm to 2:30 pm.
Drop-In Admission Fees
- $3.00 per session per family
- $6.00 per session for caregivers with more than one family
- ESFP requires that everyone becomes a member in order to access all its programs including the Drop In program.
- ESFP Annual Family Membership $30.00
- ESFP’s online membership form is available on our membership page.
- *If ESFP’s membership or Drop-In fee is a financial barrier, assistance is available. Please contact us.
Eastside Baby & Me Drop-in
Tuesday afternoon Drop-in sessions are for first-time parents and their newborn to pre-walking children. Our objective is to provide a calm and welcoming environment that supports parents in their new role as primary caregivers. Read more…
Supporting Healthy Development and Early Learning
Eastside Family Place’s mission is to support the healthy development of young children, parents and caregivers. Early childhood learning, development and socialization are stimulated through play-based learning and a variety of preschool activities. Read more…
Drop-In Snack Program
Healthy development is dependent on a nutritious diet. ESFP’s snack program supports and promotes healthy early childhood nutrition. Read more…
The Drop-In offers a variety of resources for parents and caregivers, from regular healthcare visits to a free clothing exchange. Read more…
Family Resource Programs
ESFP is a provincially-certified family resource program. To learn more about the core values and practices of family resource program, please visit the BC Association of Family Resource Programs. www.frpbc.ca